How to Utilize Your Google My Business Profile to Grow Your Business
Updated: May 8
The Google My Business Profile is a missed opportunity for many local business. This profile is the first impression people have of your business when searching online. If you’re unfamiliar with a GMB profile it is what pops up when someone googles "XYZ business near me". This is the modern day yellow pages. Except you can't just name your Business AAA Construction to get found easily. In the construction industry, referrals will always drive the bulk of new business but here is how this profile can help you get a few more projects each year.
Google wants to show searchers the top rated company in their area. Now do a quick search for your business. Check out the top 3 ranking competitors. More often than not you can get in the top 3 with just over 10 reviews. For example, the top contractor near me in Hastings on Hudson has just 8 reviews. This is not a big hurdle to become the top rated contractor in your area.
Here are some steps to get you started marketing your business.
1. Get a Google My Business profile (It's Free). Then fill out all the information and add project photos so people can check out your handy work and see some friendly faces.
2. Send out an email blast to your customers list with the link requesting reviews. Texting them also works.
3. Add a Google review link to your email footer
4. If you're utilizing a CRM set up an automation to send a review request link when a payment is received.
5. If you have a physical location get a QR code with a review link. (Customer's can easily leave you a review in person)
Hope this helps some of you grow your business!